When the Frank’s Red Hot commercial states, “I put that **** on everything,” I tend to take it very seriously. Growing up in a family that values spicy food, there is always an opportunity to add a little kick to my meals.
When I was younger my dad really enjoyed mixing Frank’s buffalo sauce with cream cheese and chicken on the stove. He would then smother it between two slabs of white bread. Even though I always thought he put a bit too much hot sauce into the mixture, it was good. Really good!
Now that I am a bit more aware of what I can and cannot eat, there are no more buffalo chicken sandwiches to be had. But it does not stop me from enjoying things very similar on occasion. Being creative in the kitchen and relying heavily on Pinterest inspiration, I have learned to reinvent the wheel and create some really delicious buffalo chicken recipes.
Buffalo Ranch Tacos
The first is a great lunch or dinner! Easy to put together and delicious to eat, if you like spicy I highly recommend you try this one. Although it is not necessary, sprinkling a little bit of sharp cheddar cheese on these tacos adds even more flavor to an already amazing dish.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken (or canned chicken if you are in a hurry)
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot buffalo sauce
- 1 Tbs. butter
- Ranch dressing to taste (I use Newman’s Own, cause it is delicious and gluten free)
- Corn tortillas
1. In a saucepan, comine chicken, butter and buffalo sauce. Heat through.
2. Microwave tortillas for approximately 20 seconds to soften.
3. Spoon filling into tortillas then drizzle with ranch dressing. Enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken dip
This recipe is a great snack at parties! Paired with tortilla chips, you cannot go wrong.
- 2 (13 oz.) cans chicken (or the equivalent in fresh shredded chicken)
- 3/4 cup Frank’s buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 scallion, sliced
- tortilla chips
1. In a saucepan, combine chicken, buffalo sauce, cheese, cream cheese and sour cream. Heat through. Mix in scallions.
2. Spoon dip into a serving bowl and pair with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
It is literally that easy! I hope you enjoyed these recipes and that you find a way to make them your own.
Special thanks to these guys for their recipe inspiration: